Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Midterm Elections. One Conservative's Perspective.

I voted on the first day of early voting, straight Republican. I usually vote straight Republican on election day including midterm elections. This year is the first year I feel a sense that the outcome of the election directly affects my wellbeing so I am voting in the midterms out of a sense of self interest rather than civic duty. My sense of urgency is higher than it was in 2016. Under Obama I felt like a member of an oppressed group (conservatives oppressed by liberals). I don't want to see any part of the government back under control of the Democrat oppressors who despise me because of my race, gender, and beliefs about religion, politics, and economics, and who try to stifle my freedom of speech with political correctness. I don't want to see any part of government under control of the party that wants to raise taxes and increase regulations that suppresses economic growth holds back employment and keeps people poor and beholden to government handouts.

Life under Obama was like living in a dystopia like in George Orwell's "1984" or Soviet Russia where everyone repeated lies as if they were the truth when I knew they were lies. "Your can keep your plan", "You can keep your doctor", "Insurance premiums will go down." "Hands up don't shoot." "You didn't create that". Scandal after scandal (gun walker, irs, new black panthers, Hillary's e-mail server, pay for play Clinton foundation, Uranium 1) ignored by the Department of Injustice under Holder and then Lynch. Just as bad was our leader bowing low to Muslim and Chinese leaders. The deterioration of race relations under Obama was a deliberate strategy of Democrat identity politics and put me and every other citizen in real physical danger. Obama let ISIS thrive which also put me in real physical danger of terrorist attacks in the US and outside. We know Obama's policy was to allow ISIS to thrive because Trump wiped them out upon taking office. How many deaths was Obama's duplicitous policy responsible for?

Living under Trump is like turning a light on when you think you are in a dim alley in winter and finding yourself out in the countryside on a spring day. It's like coming home after a trip to a 3rd world country. We can be proud of our country, proud of our accomplishments, and know that the government is truly trying to protect us from hostile forces inside and outside the country.

I don't want any part of the government to go back to Democrat control. It is not a theoretical issue about policy. It is a matter of living in a dangerous violent 3rd world dystopia or living in safety and security in the country I grew up in.

If other conservatives feel the way I do, turnout will high.